1. Entertainment
Robert Silva

Fans React to Jason Aldean Cheating Scandal

By October 1, 2012

On Sunday, Jason Aldean apologized to fans for acting "inappropriately" with American Idol singer Brittany Kerr at an L.A. bar.

The statement was posted on the country singer's Twitter page. Here are some of the fan reactions to that apology:

"I am a wife who has been in this situation and it hurts more than you could know," said Victoria Marie Moul. "The most important thing you *Jason* can do is do whatever it takes to earn back your wife's trust."

Some were a bit harsher.

"You wouldn't have to own up to anything if you didn't put yourself in that position to begin with," said user AmyBeth. "For those blaming the 'girl' that's just another excuse. Bottom line, he should have been on the bus on the phone or skypeing with his wife and kids.....not out drinking and partying. It's all about priorities."

What do you all think? And how do you think this incident will affect Aldean's upcoming appearance at the 2012 CMA Awards?

Read more: Jason Aldean Cheating Controversy

Image courtesy of Ethan Miller / Getty Images

Comments

October 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm
(1) Sue Tincher says:

I was one of his biggest fans. What to hell was he thinking. He has a beautiful wife and two of the most precious daughters anyone could ask for. I just read in people magazine what a famiily oriented and devoted husband he was . I believed that . Now I know it is all bs. You put on a good front Jason. I guess you showed that you had your kind of party. I am very dissapointed in you.

October 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm
(2) Annie Feltmate says:

I think men just use the excuse ” I had too much to drink ” , to get themselves out of trouble. If you really loved your spouse, or girlfriend, you wouldn’t do that to them. I think it’s wrong.

October 3, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(3) Betty Wood says:

He’s a lying, cheating jerk. He’s only sorry he got caught. No record sales to me.

October 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm
(4) Terri says:

I have no respect for people who cheat on spouses. Amy Grant, for example, turned to pop music from Christian because she was in love with Vince Gill and was even seen kissing him at golf games. He was married with a child and she was married with 3 but they broke up their homes and broke the hearts of their spouses and families and now go about as Mr and Mrs Christian as if they are goody-goody. Blake Shelton was married to a wife who worked as his manager and promoted him and helped him get known only to meet blonde bimbo Miranda Lambert and take up with her. I remember seeing them doing the CMT countdown show and knowing they were carrying on. He dumped his wife Kaynette after carrying on with her. Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks also had the morals of alleycats. No Jason Aldean, There is NO excuse.

October 3, 2012 at 10:39 pm
(5) gale says:

there goes entertainer of the year award down the tubes. i hate cheaters. good thing he isn’t married to taylor…..and i do believe that he is just carr ing on the family tradtions….

October 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm
(6) sheree says:

So many blame it on drinking,why would He be at a bar or party any way? He is married and a Fathdt grow up!! And do something worth while with your money

October 7, 2012 at 3:58 am
(7) terri says:

Why does everybody jump to conclusion and think they what is going on in his life. I’ve had someone cheat on me and was able to work through it and the trust was earned back slowly. Second how does anyone know how the press found in less there was friends of hers there taking pictures for her to get the press at no cost so worry about your own life and stop reading into all the gossip about stars life they are human also……….

October 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm
(8) Patricia says:

Don’t use the excuse that you were drinking, Jason. You did exactly what you wanted to do. Make out with another woman who is not your wife. If I was her, I would move out and think about things. The trust is now gone. She will always be wondering, things are never the same and cannot ever be the same.
How would you feel if you saw pictures of her making out with another man? You are not the person that I thought you were. You come off as a family man but now I don’t believe that for a second.

October 15, 2012 at 4:20 am
(9) Lucia says:

I appreciate, cause I found just what I was looking for.
You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
Bye

February 22, 2014 at 10:02 am
(10) jerry says:

Let me first of all say, that cheating on one’s spouse should never be condoned, — ‘however”, If any of you have ever been really drunk, then you know all to well that sometimes we do make fools of ourselves, because we aren’t thinking clearly. Almost everyone has had this experience at least once in their lives, but pretend that it’s “ok”, when they do it. How many of you have had the experience of being forced to be away from your families for month’s on end? I know that your going to say that Jason chose this lifestyle and you would be right about that, but anyone wanting to achieve this level of success must put down 90%+ towards that end. Record labels and corporate chiefs demand constant studio sessions and almost never ending tours around the country performing night after night–”to be a star ya hafta Bang, Bang, Bang”. Keeping in touch by phone or internet is great, but it can not make up for the lack of physical presence and touch. It must be desperately lonely living out of a bus and a Hotel room. IF he gets to spend even 2 months a year at home, he would be fortunate in this business. Have you read his Apology? NO I don’t think he’s using drunkenness as an excuse. He does sound sincere to me and I think “y’all” should cut him some slack on this one. Most people don’t understand the pressures or the anguish of those at the top, because all you see is the “glam”. His wife will probably be less harsh on him than most of you. I’m sure he won’t let it happen again. Explaining to her will be tough enough as it is. If he does,—THEN it might be time to throw stones, But not now. Don’t confuse his personal life with his professional one. He is a great performer and his fans know that. He didn’t sleep with this girl,- he left alone, and that speaks volumes.