The Bottom Line
- "The Good Stuff"
- "Never Gonna Feel That Way Again"
- A majority of the songs are ballads or mid-tempo pieces.
- First single "Young" was a No. 2 song.
- Songs that make you think about your own life, like "The Good Stuff" and "A Lot of Things Different."
- Bonus track features uncredited vocals by Tim McGraw.
Guide Review - Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Much of the album's theme is looking back. In the rock-influenced "Young," we look back at our youth, and not knowing where the time has gone. In the wistful ballad "I Remember," we think about a relationship that ended. It's easy to drift back to your own past, and relationships when you hear the echoing "I remember" in the chorus. In the introspective "A Lot of Things Different," we think about regrets. Kenny speaks the verses, talking about things that he's done, and how he wishes he'd done things differently, as he looks back at them. I love the way the song focuses on the lyrics and the vocals, with the instruments downplayed a bit.
There's no doubt about it, Kenny has got another winner with this album. Do yourself a favor and go buy this album and join Kenny in reminiscing about the past.