With the release of Broken Bridges Toby Keith is taking his career to another level. Every song he performs on here is very well done. But the real star of this soundtrack is his movie co-star Lindsay Haun. If you like country music soundtracks, you'll like this one.
Toby Keith Makes a Movie
"Crash Here Tonight" is one of Toby's solo tracks and it is a short song with a soft, delicate and acoustical arrangement that's different from the "White Trash With Money" album cut. "Broken" is Lindsey Haun's coming-out party as a singer. With a Faith Hill-like vocal, Lindsey sings a whale of a power ballad that will give Carrie Underwood a run for her money. It features uplifting lyrics with a familiar, yet killer melody. This is the lead-off single from the album.
"Can't Go Back" is a soft, traditional-based ballad that features one of Toby's better vocals while both "Big Bull Rider" and "Zig Zag Stop" showcase two sides of Toby's bigger than life persona. The album ending track "Jacky Don Tucker (Play By The Rules Miss All The Fun)" was on Toby's "Dream Walkin'" CD and is revisited here. I have always liked the song and it is nice addition to the soundtrack. With 14 strong tracks, Toby Keith and album producer Randy Scruggs have compiled the kind of soundtrack that sounds more like an album than a 'hits of the moment' compilation. Fans of Toby Keith or just good music should find something to like here.
- "Broken Bridges" - Lindsey Haun (With Toby Keith)
- "Thinking About You" - Fred Eaglesmith
- "Crash Here Tonight" - Toby Keith
- "Broken" - Lindsey Haun
- "Along For The Ride" - Matraca Berg
- "Uncloudy Day" - Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, BeBe Winans
- "What's Up With That" - Scotty Emerick
- "High On The Mountain" - Flynnville Train
- "The Battlefield" - Sonya Isaacs
- "Can't Go Back" - Toby Keith
- "The Waiting Game" (Instrumental) - Poor Richard's Hound
- "Big Bull Rider" - Toby Keith
- "Zig Zag Stop" - Toby Keith
- "Jacky Don Tucker" (Play By The Rules Miss All The Fun)" - Toby Keith