Top 5 Country Singles
- Jake Owen - "Alone with You" from Barefoot Blue Jean Night
- Lee Brice - "A Woman Like You" from A Woman Like You
- Blake Shelton - "Drink on It" from Red River Blue
- Lady Antebellum - "Dancin' Away with My Heart" from Own the Night
- Taylor Swift - "Ours" from Speak Now
Big Chart Movers
- #38-#26 - Toby Keith - "Beers Ago" from Clancy's Tavern
- #60-#50 - Martina McBride with Pat Monahan - "Marry Me" from Eleven
- #50-#43 - Chris Young - "Neon" from Neon
Hot New Country Songs
- #58 - Jon Pardi - "Missin' You Crazy"
- #60 - Pat Green - "All Just to Get to You" from All Just to Get to You
Jake Owens's love song "Alone with You" tops out the country singles chart for the second week in a row. Lee Brice's "A Woman Like You," Blake Shelton's "Drink on It," and Lady Antebellum's "Dancin' Away with My Heart" each make single-integer gains in the top 5. The exception to that rule is Taylor Swift's "Ours," which drops from #2 to #5. Further down the charts, upcoming singles from new albums by Carrie Underwood ("Good Girl") and Rascal Flatts ("Banjo") settle in at #6 and #10, respectively. On the other end of the spectrum, older material from Miranda Lambert ("Over You") and Jason Aldean ("Fly Over States") continues to show the pair's staying power. Ditto Toby Keith and Martina McBride, who each make double-digit gains toward the country music top 5.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Lionel Richie - Tuskegee
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Scotty McCreery - Clear as Day
- Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party
- Eric Church - Chief
Hot New Country Albums
- #23 Hank Williams Jr. - Best Of: All My Rowdy Friends
Lionel Richie's heavily promoted Tuskegee made its debut at #1, much to the relief of Mercury Nashville record execs. The country star-stocked collection ended the two-week run of Luke Bryan's former chart-topper, Tailgates and Tanlines. The big surprise on this week's album charts is Scotty McCreery. He's just won Top New Artist at the 2012 ACM Awards, and now his half-year-old album Clear as Day has made an impressive resurgence: rocketing from #13 to #3. Further down the charts, it's business as usual, save for Brad Paisley who is the week's other big gainer, with his album This Is Country Music rising double digits from #42 to #28.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #21 - Jake Owen - "Alone with You" from Barefoot Blue Jean Night
- #22 - Lee Brice - "A Woman Like You" from A Woman Like You
- #25 - Blake Shelton - "Drink on It" from Red River Blue
- #31 - Lady Antebellum - "Dancin' Away with My Heart" from Own the Night
- #33 - Rascal Flatts - "Banjo" from Changed
Big Radio Chart Movers
- None this week!
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- #68 - Luke Bryan -"Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- #70 - Taylor Swift - "Eyes Open" from The Hunger Games soundtrack
Jake Owen remains at #21, same as last week, with the other top country radio songs mimicking their standing on the country singles charts. So what's new? Luke Bryan and Taylor Swift, who have both debut new singles. Bryan's "Drunk on You," from Tailgates and Tanlines, bows in at #68 and Swift's much-anticipated "Eyes Open," from The Hunger Games soundtrack, enters the scene a few steps behind at #70.