Top 5 Country Singles
- Chris Young - "You" from Neon
- Luke Bryan - "I Don't Want This Night to End" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- The Band Perry - "All Your Life" from The Band Perry
- Eric Church - "Drink in my Hand" from Chief
- Keith Urban - "You Gonna Fly" from Get Closer
Big Chart Movers
- #51-#36 Zac Brown Band - "No Hurry" from You Get What You Give
- #48-#37 Josh Turner - "Time Is Love" from Time Is Love
- #54-#46 Ronnie Dunn - "Let the Cowboy Rock" from Ronnie Dunn
- #31-#24 Rascal Flatts - "Banjo" from Changed
- #52-#45 Jason Aldean - "Fly Over States" from My Kinda Party
Hot New Country Songs
- #33 - Canaan Smith - "We Got Us"
- #57 - Phil Vassar - "Don't Miss Your Life"
- #58 - Josh Abbott Band - "Touch"
- #60 - Thompson Square - "Glass"
Chris Young rules the country singles chart this week with "You," replacing Luke Bryan's "I Don't Want This Night to End" at #1. The Band Perry make an impressive dash into the winner's circle, moving from #4 to #3 with "All Your Life." That pushes Eric Church's beer-commercial-in-a-song "Drink in My Hand" down to #4. Wrapping up the top 5, Keith Urban soars from #7 to the bottom spot with "You Gonna Fly," off his top-selling album Get Closer. For those craving new material, Rascal Flatts' "Banjo" is moving up the charts, logging in at #24; the song comes off the group's upcoming 2012 album Changed, and you'd do well to keep an eye on it in the coming weeks.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Tim McGraw - Emotional Traffic
- Kellie Pickler - 100 Proof
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Lady Antebellum - Own the Night
- Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party
Hot New Country Albums
- #1 - Tim McGraw - Emotional Traffic
- #2 - Kellie Pickler - 100 Proof
- #16 - Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call Country Ballads
Finally. After weeks of playing musical chairs with the likes of Toby Keith, Jason Aldean, and Taylor Swift, we finally get some 2012 music on the country album charts. Thank you, Tim McGraw, for debuting at #1 with your new record Emotional Traffic. Kudos also go out to Kellie Pickler; the American Idol widget who shows her true colors on 100 Proof, clocking in at #2. The rest of the lineup is business as usual: Luke Bryan standing his ground at #3 with Tailgates & Tanlines, Lady Antebellum backing away to #4 with Own the Night (#2 last week), and Jason Aldean still lounging at #5 with My Kinda Party. Will Pickler be able to pry McGraw from the #1 spot next week? Stay tuned.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
24. Chris Young - "You" from Neon
26. Luke Bryan - "I Don't Want This Night to End" from Tailgates & Tanlines
27. The Band Perry - "All Your Life" from The Band Perry
31. Lady Antebellum - "Just a Kiss" from Own the Night
32. Keith Urban - "You Gonna Fly" from Get Closer
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #51-#43 Dierks Bentley - "Home" from Home
- #58-#50 George Strait - "Love's Gonna Make It Alright" - from Here for a Good Time
Hot New Radio Country Songs
Surprising exactly no one, Chris Young's "You" is the big country radio song this week at #24. Luke Bryan's "I Don't Want This Night to End" and The Band Perry's "All Your Life" follow nearly lockstep at #26 and #27. Further down the line are Lady Antebellum and Keith Urban whose top singles are nested in the early thirties. Blame Kelly Clarkson (#28), Gym Class Heroes (#29), and Cobra Starship (#30). They can look for some competition from Blake Shelton, whose I-love-drinking-with-the-one-I-love song "Drink on It" makes its debut on the pop radio charts at #63.