Top 5 Country Singles
- Eric Church - "Drink in My Hand" from Chief
- Luke Bryan - "I Don't Want This Night to End" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- Chris Young - "You" from Neon
- Zac Brown Band - "Keep Me in Mind" from You Get What You Give
- David Nail - "Let It Rain" featuring Sarah Buxton from The Sound of a Million Dreams
Big Chart Movers
- #31-#23 Blake Shelton - "Drink on It" from Red River Blue
- #37-#31 Miranda Lambert - "Over You" from Four the Record
- #54-#48 Josh Turner - "Time Is Love"
- #27-#22 Lady Antebellum - "Dancin' Away with My Heart" from Own the Night
- #54-#50 Taylor Swift - "Ours" from Speak Now
Hot New Country Songs
Despite some competition from Luke Bryan, Eric Church's "Drink in My Hand" makes good on its upward trajectory -- topping out this week at #1. This was after stalling at #3 for the last two weeks. Songs about drinking seem to be on the rise in the post-holiday period: Blake Shelton's "Drink on It" also made big gains, shooting from #23 to #31; it was also one of the big movers on last week's country charts, jumping 10 spaces from #41 to #31. My guess is that the Red River Blue tune will be in the top 10 by the end of January. Another likely candidate for the top of the country charts is Lady Antebellum's "Dancin' Away with My Heart" which moves from #27 to #22. My prediction is February; good Valentine's Day songs are hard to come by.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Lady Antebellum - Own the Night
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Toby Keith - Clancy's Tavern
- The Band Perry - The Band Perry
- Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party
Hot New Country Albums
- #9 - The Little Willies - For the Good Times
- #41 - Emily West - I Hate You I Love You (EP)
The Band Perry's entry into the top five with their self-titled debut (#6 last week) saves this week's country album charts from being a complete yawn-fest. The rest is the kind of sloppy reshuffle -- of last week's top country albums -- that would get a Las Vegas dealer fired. Own the Night is still at number one. Scott McCreery falls from #5 to #6. Toby Keith and Luke Bryan switch places. Hopefully things shake up next week when 2012's big new releases start hitting the shelves, including new work from Kellie Pickler and Tim McGraw. One ray of light is The Little Willies making a #9 debut with their sophomore effort For the Good Times.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
24. Luke Bryan - "I Don't Want This Night to End" from Tailgates & Tanlines
25. Lady Antebellum - "Just a Kiss" from Own the Night
26. Eric Church - "Drink in My Hand" from Chief
27. Chris Young - "You" from Neon
30. Zac Brown Band - "Keep Me in Mind" from You Get What You Give
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #26-#35 (drop) David Nail - "Let It Rain" featuring Sarah Buxton from The Sound of a Million Dreams
- #33-#40 (drop) Jason Aldean - "Tattoos on This Town" from My Kinda Party
- #25-#30 (drop) Zac Brown Band - "Keep Me in Mind" from You Get What You Give
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- None this week!
Luke Bryan made a big impact on the radio this week with "I Don't Want This Night to End," a song that clearly has crossover appeal to listeners. Lady Antebellum dropped two rungs to #25 while Eric Church's "Drink In My Hand" maintains its momentum, rising by one to #26. The forecast is cloudier for David Nail whose "Let It Rain" plummeted like the H20 of the title -- from #26 to #35. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Taylor Swift's new single "Ours" to make a showing in the radio top 40. But the sunshine has already come out for The Band Perry whose "All Your Life" leaped from #36 to #33.