Top 5 Country Singles
- Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
- Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- Hunter Hayes - "Wanted"
- The Band Perry - "Better Dig Two"
- Gary Allan - "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)"
Big Chart Movers
- #38-#21 Cassadee Pope - "Over You"
- #23-#17 Tim McGraw - "One of Those Nights"
- #41-#35 Lady Antebellum - "A Holly Jolly Christmas"
- #20-#15 Hunter Hayes - "Somebody's Heartbreak"
- #46-#41 Dustin Lynch - "She Cranks My Tractor"
Hot New Country Songs
- #37 Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert - "Jingle Bell Rock"
- #42 Blake Shelton and Cassadee Pope - "Steve Mcqueen"
- #43 Blake Shelton and Terry McDermott - "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
- #49 Brantley Gilbert - "More Than Miles"
Florida Georgia Line keep on rolling in the top spot with "Cruise." Taylor Swift is right behind the country group with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." And Hunter Hayes's "Wanted" rounds out the top 3. Meanwhile, The Band Perry's "Better Dig Two" moves up one notch to #4. Gary Allan's "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)" advances from #9 to #5. Look for Allan to move up when is new country album Set You Free is released January 22nd. Debuting this week are several Blake Shelton duets from The Voice and Brantley Gilbert's "More Than Miles," which first appeared on his top-selling country album Halfway to Heaven.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Taylor Swift - Red
- Lady Antebellum - On This Winter's Night
- Little Big Town - Tornado
- Blake Shelton - Cheers, It's Christmas
- Jason Aldean - Night Train
Hot New Country Albums
- #63 Johnny Cash - Country: Johnny Cash
Taylor Swift is still on top with Red. And that's not where the holiday colors end. There are still plenty of leftovers from the holiday season, with Blake Shelton's Cheers, It's Christmas and Lady Antebellum's On This Winter's Night still lingering on in the top 5. Expect the yuletide spirit to have dissipated by next week's charts. On the rise are Little Big Town's Tornado, one of my selections for the best albums of 2012. Jason Aldean's Night Train is also ascendant -- one-stepping it from #6 to #5.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #11 Taylor Swift - "I Knew Your Were Trouble"
- #22 Justin Moore - "Til My Last Day"
- #23 Zac Brown Band - "Goodbye in Her Eyes"
- #26 Kip Moore - "Beer Money"
- #31 Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #15-#11 Taylor Swift - "I Knew Your Were Trouble"
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- None this week!
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" keeps rocketing up the radio charts, moving from #15 to #11. But it appears listeners are beginning to tire of Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise." While the song is #1 among country listeners, it fell this week from #18 to #31 -- just above Randy Houser's "How Country Feels," at #32. Justin Moore's "Til My Last Day," which was the top country song of 2012, also lost some ground at the start of 2013 -- dipping from #22 to #19.