Top 5 Country Singles
- Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- Eli Young Band - "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" from Life at Best
- Brantley Gilbert - "You Don't Know Her Like I Do" from Halfway to Heaven
- Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- Dierks Bentley - "5-1-5-0" from Home
Big Chart Movers
- #58-#47 Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away" from Blown Away
- #54-#45 Casey James - "Crying on a Suitcase" from Casey James
- #41-#35 Miranda Lambert - "Fastest Girl in Town" from Four the Record
- #10-#6 Kenney Chesney - "Come Over" from Welcome to the Fishbowl
- #29-#25 Little Big Town - "Pontoon"
Hot New Country Songs
- #54 Eric Church - "Creepin"
- #57 Kip Moore - "Beer Money"
- #59 Maggie Rose - "I Ain't Your Mama"
Luke Bryan eclipses Eric Church's "Springsteen" this week, moving to #1 with "Drunk on You." That makes the summertime tune Bryan's second #1 country single from Tailgates & Tanlines (the first was "I Don't Want This Night to End"). Also moving ahead of Church are the Eli Young Band who end the week at #2 with "Even If It Breaks Your Heart." Dierks Bentley's "5-1-5-0" makes its top 5 debut and Kenny Chesney's "Come Over" shows plenty of momentum: The Welcome to the Fishbowl single made a big jump from #10 to #6 and will almost certainly break the top 5 next week.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Kenny Chesney - Welcome to the Fishbowl
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Alan Jackson - Thirty Miles West
- Various - NOW That's What I Call Country, Vol. 5
- Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
Hot New Country Albums
- #1 Kenny Chesney - Welcome to the Fishbowl
- #20 Don Williams - And So It Goes
- #71 Big Smo - Grass Roots (EP)
Kenny Chesney makes an unsurprising debut at #1 with his latest studio effort Welcome to the Fishbowl. Expect him to stick around. While Luke Bryan moves from #3 to #2 with Tailgates and Tanlines, Josh Turner -- last week's holder of the #1 spot -- drops down to #6 with Punching Bag. Alan Jackson dropped one slot to #3 and, besides that, there's not much movement on the country album charts, with Carrie Underwood and the latest NOW country compilation sticking right where they were last week.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- 16. Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- 21. Eli Young Band - "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" from Life at Best
- 22. Brantley Gilbert - "You Don't Know Her Like I Do" from Halfway to Heaven
- 24. Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- 30. Dierks Bentley - "5-1-5-0" from Home
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #69-#61 Blake Shelton - "Over" from Red River Blue
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- None this week!
Country music's radio rankings follow the general pattern set on the country singles charts. Luke Bryan's "Drunk on You" dominates -- at a best-of #16 -- while the Eli Young Band and Brantley Gilbert follow suit. That means Eric Church's "Springsteen" is left behind, so to speak, at a lesser but respectable #24. Likewise, Dierks Bentley makes some serious headway, moving six spots from #36 to #30, right behind pop singer Demi Lovato's "Give Your Heart a Break." But they'd all better watch out for Blake Shelton, whose single "Over" moved up eight spots to #61 in its second week on the radio charts.