Top 5 Country Singles
- Kip Moore - "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck" from Up All Night
- Jason Aldean - "Fly Over States" from My Kinda Party
- Zac Brown Band - "No Hurry" from You Get What You Give
- Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl" from Blown Away
Big Chart Movers
- #57-#42 - Lady Antebellum - "Wanted You More" from Own the Night
- #53-#40 - Blake Shelton - "Over" from Red River Blue
- #51-#45 - Lee Brice - "Hard to Love" from Hard 2 Love
- #9-#6 - Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
- #14-#11 - Toby Keith - "Beers Ago" from Clancy's Tavern
Hot New Country Songs
- #24 Kenny Chesney - "Come Over"
- #54 Miranda Lambert - "Fastest Girl in Town" from Four the Record
- #59 Rascal Flatts - "Come Wake Me Up" from Changed
Kip Moore claims the #1 spot with "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck," a relative old-timer that was released last September. The tune clearly has staying power, something you can also say of Jason Aldean's "Fly Over States." The My Kinda Party song pushed down to #2 after leading the country singles charts last week. At the same time, Zac Brown Band's "No Hurry" moves slowly and steadily upward, presently reaching a high water mark of #3. As I foresaw in my infinite wisdom, Eric Church's name-dropper "Springsteen" broke into the top 5 this week, clocking in at #4. Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" stalls at #5. Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert, and Rascal Flatts -- whose have all dropped off the top 5 -- make a bid for reconquest with the release of their new singles this week.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
- Lionel Richie - Tuskegee
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Willie Nelson - Heroes
- Eric Church - Chief
Hot New Country Albums
- #4 Willie Nelson - Heroes
- #35 Florida Georgia Line - It'z Just What We Do
- #68 Chris Cagle - 10 Great Songs
- #75 Roy D. Mercer - The Very Worst of Roy D. Mercer
Carrie Underwood marks her third week at #1 with Blown Away. Lionel Richie's Tuskegee is the other power player on the country album charts; this is Richie's eighth week in the top two slots after debuting at #1 in early April. Luke Bryan completes the trifecta with Tailgates & Tanlines; like Underwood and Richie's albums, it remains exactly where it was last week. Also staying put is Eric Church, at #5 with Chief. So it's a rather boring lineup this week. Mixing things up, thankfully, is Willie Nelson, whose new album Heroes makes an impressive debut at #4.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #23 - Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl" from Blown Away
- #25 - Jason Aldean - "Fly Over States" from My Kinda Party
- #26 - Zac Brown Band - "No Hurry" from You Get What You Give
- #28 - Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- #32 - Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #75-#64 Dierks Bentley - "5-1-5-0" from Home
Hot New Radio Country Songs
Radio listeners couldn't get Carrie Underwood out of their heads, apparently. "Good Girl," her flagship single from Blown Away, stands above the competition at #23. Jason Aldean falls from #20 to #25 with "Fly Over States." The Zac Brown Band's "No Hurry," Eric Church's "Springsteen," and Luke Bryan's "Drunk On You" each make modest gains. Also rising up the radio charts, but narrowly missing the top 5 roundup, is Tim McGraw's "Better Than I Used to Be," from Emotional Traffic. The introspective tune climbs up three rungs, from #36 to #33. And that's all, folks.