Top 5 Country Singles
- Kip Moore - "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck" from Up All Night
- Zac Brown Band - "No Hurry" from You Get What You Give
- Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl" from Blown Away
- Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
Big Chart Movers
- #24-#16 - Kenny Chesney - "Come Over" from Welcome to the Fishbowl
- #59-#44 - Rascal Flatts - "Come Wake Me Up" from Changed
- #42-#36 - Lady Antebellum - "Wanted You More" from Own the Night
- #53-#47 - Jake Owen - "The One That Got Away" from Barefoot Blue Jean Night
- #45-#40 - Lee Brice - "Hard to Love" from Hard 2 Love
Hot New Country Songs
- #24 Big & Rich - "That's What I Pray"
- #44 Jessie James - "Military Man"
- #60 Due West - "Things You Can't Do In a Car"
There's somethin' 'bout Kip Moore that country listeners dig. His anthemic "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck" is #1 for a second week. Jason Aldean's "Fly Over States," at #2 last week, makes a long descent to #6. That leaves room for the Zac Brown Band's "No Hurry" to swoop into the the runner-up position, alongside Eric Church's "Springsteen" at #3. Kenny Chesney's new single from his upcoming album Welcome to the Fishbowl makes a double-digit climb to #16.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
- Lionel Richie - Tuskegee
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
- Eric Church - Chief
- Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party
Hot New Country Albums
- #29 The Oak Ridge Boys - Back Home Again: Gospel Favorites
- #38 Kevin Costner and the Modern West - Hatfields & McCoys
- #42 Six Market Blvd. - Shake It Down
- #57 Rob Baird - I Swear It's the Truth
Did someone put the top 5 on "repeat"? No, that's just Carrie Underwood, who tops the album charts for the fourth time in a row with Blown Away. Alongside Lionel Richie's Tuskegee at #2, it's set to be one of the top country albums of 2012. Elsewhere, Willie Nelson's Heroes drops from #4 to #9 and Eric Church fills in the gap at #4. Jason Aldean's indomitable My Kinda Party follows lock-step at #5. Even though June is set to be a killer month for country releases, this week was rather low in fresh material. One notable release, however, came from Kevin Costner (yes, that Kevin Costner), whose fourth album with Modern West made a respectable debut at #38.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #18 - Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl" from Blown Away
- #21 - Kip Moore - "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck" from Up All Night
- #23 - Zac Brown Band - "No Hurry" from You Get What You Give
- #24 - Eric Church - "Springsteen" from Chief
- #29 - Luke Bryan - "Drunk on You" from Tailgates & Tanlines
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #64-#51 Dierks Bentley - "5-1-5-0" from Home
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- #66 Kenny Chesney - "Come Over" from Welcome to the Fishbowl
Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" breaks into the teens this week, climbing up five slots to #18. Everyone else follows in line behind her in the 20s: Kip, Zac, Eric, and Luke. (They've been here so long, we're on a first name basis.) Dierks -- that is, Bentley -- moves up with his country-rocker "5-1-5-0," and Chesney makes his radio chart debut with "Come Over" at #66.