Top 5 Country Singles
- Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
- Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
- Lee Brice - "Hard to Love"
- Luke Bryan - "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"
Big Chart Movers
- #36 Connie Britton & Charles Esten - "No One Will Ever Love You"
- #25 Sam Palladio & Clare Bowen - "Fade Into You"
Hot New Country Songs
- None this week!
Is it lonely at the top? Probably not for Taylor Swift. The singer remains at #1 on the country singles charts with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (that's four week's in a row). But Carrie Underwood still has plenty of appeal among country fans. Her hurricane-themed "Blown Away" is at #2, same as last week. Likewise, Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise" puts in a duplicate performance in the #3 spot. Inching upwards, and pushing Hunter Hayes's "Wanted" out of the race, are Lee Brice's "Hard to Love" and Luke Bryan's "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye." Both made single-point advances.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Taylor Swift - Red
- Jason Aldean - Night Train
- Lady Antebellum - On This Winter's Night
- Little Big Town -Tornado
- Scotty McCreery - Christmas with Scotty McCreery
Hot New Country Albums
- #1 Taylor Swift - Red
- #3 Lady Antebellum - On This Winter's Night
- #35 Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson - Wreck & Ruin
- #38 Billy Ray Cyrus - Change My Mind
- #53 Montgomery Gentry - Friends and Family (EP)
Jason Aldean's reign at the top of the country album charts was short-lived. The country singer, who made a #1 debut last week with Night Train, fell down to second best once Taylor Swift hit the scene with her new album. Don't worry Jason, it could have happened to anybody. Except to get used to seeing Red at #1 for the forseeable future. In other news, it appears people still buy Christmas records. Scotty McCreery's collection fell to #5 in its second week of release while Lady Antebellum's On This Winter's Night made an impressive debut at #3. On the other hand, Billy Ray Cyrus made a lackluster opening bow with Change My Mind -- his first album since the poorly received I'm American.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #4 Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- #19 Lee Brice - "Hard to Love"
- #21 Luke Bryan - "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"
- #23 Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
- #29 Jake Owen - "The One That Got Away"
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #55-#42 Justin Moore - "Til My Last Day"
- #48-#37 Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- #69 Taylor Swift - "Begin Again"
Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is wedged between fun.'s "Some Nights" and Alex Clare's "Too Close" at #4. Next in line to the country queen is Lee Brice, who advanced from #24 to #19 with "Hard to Love." Luke Bryan also made gains, moving from #26 to #21 with his newish single "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye." Carrie Underwood and Jake Owen's singles wrap up the top five country songs on the radio. Below them, Florida Georgia Line push upwards with their infectious (and apparently very radio friendly) "Cruise" at #37. Making them all a bot nervous is Taylor Swift. Her single "Begin Again" debuts at #69 on the radio charts this week.