Top 5 Country Singles
- Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
- Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
- Hunter Hayes - "Wanted"
- Lee Brice - "Hard to Love"
Big Chart Movers
- #13-#9 Miranda Lambert - "Fastest Girl in Town"
Hot New Country Songs
- #39 Charles Esten and Hayden Panettiere - "Undermine"
- #47 Hunter Hayes - "Somebody's Heartbreak"
Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is at #1 for the third week in a row. Swift's intractability keeps Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away" at #2 -- and all the other acts in the top 5 -- right where they were last week. Further down the charts it gets a mite more interesting. Miranda Lambert finally broke into the top 10 with "Fastest Girl in Town," her latest single from Four the Record, which moved from #13 to #9. Just below her is Easton Corbin's "Lovin' You Is Fun" at 10. Other country singles making gains this week are Jake Owen's "The One That Got Away" (#10-#8), Dustin Lynch's "Cowboys and Angels" (#8-#7), and Luke Bryan's "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" (#7-#6).
Top 5 Country Albums
- Jason Aldean - Night Train
- Scotty McCreery - Christmas with Scotty McCreery
- Jamey Johnson - Living for a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran
- Little Big Town -Tornado
- Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
Hot New Country Albums
- #1 Jason Aldean - Night Train
- #2 Scotty McCreery - Christmas with Scotty McCreery
- #3 Jamey Johnson - Living for a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran
- #33 Hunter Hayes - Live (EP)
Jason Aldean made a #1 debut with Night Train, his follow-up to his chart-smashing My Kinda Party. In the weeks to come, it will be interesting to see whether the new album has the same longevity. Also debuting in the top 5 this week are American Idol ingenue Scotty McCreery, whose first album of Christmas songs charted at #2, and Jamey Johnson, whose tribute to country singer Hank Cochran rang in at #3. Last week's #1 category country album, Tornado, got knocked down to #4.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- #4 Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- #18 Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
- #24 Lee Brice - "Hard to Live"
- #26 Luke Bryan - "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"
- #29 Easton Corbin - "Lovin' You Is Fun"
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #57-#48 Florida Georgia Line - "Cruise"
- #34-#26 Luke Bryan - "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- #74 Randy Houser - "How Country Feels"
Even at the top of the radio charts, Swift makes gains, pushing insistently from #5 to #4 with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." The catchy tune from Red has a lead of 14 point above the next country single, Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away," which is itself spaced out comfortably from the next contender: Lee Brice's "Hard to Live." But all the aforementioned artists had better watch out for Luke Bryan, whose "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye," and Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise," are not to be scoffed at. They're this week's big chart movers on the radio. Keep your dials tuned until next week. Same time. Same station.