Top 5 Country Singles
- Jason Aldean - "Take a Little Ride" from Night Train
- Hunter Hayes - "Wanted" from Hunter Hayes
- Dustin Lynch - "Cowboys and Angels" from Dustin Lynch
- Jana Kramer - "Why Ya Wanna" from Jana Kramer
- Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away" from Blown Away
Big Chart Movers
- #59-#44 Zac Brown Band - "Goodbye in Her Eyes"
- #32-#24 Kenny Chesney - "El Cerrito Place"
- #56-#49 Gloriana - "Can't Shake You"
- #55-#40 Craig Morgan - "More Trucks Than Cars"
- #24-20 Kip Moore - "Beer Money"
Hot New Country Songs
- #25 Brad Paisley - "Southern Comfort Zone"
- #57 Faith Hill - "American Heart""
Jason Aldean's "Take a Little Ride" is the first # 1 song from the singer's new album Night Train. In addition to Taylor Swift's forthcoming Red, it's one of the most anticipated country albums of the fall. Aldean's momentum pushed Hunter Hayes's "Wanted" down to runner up status. Showing a bit of a resurgence this week was Dustin Lynch, whose "Cowboy and Angels" jumped three spots from #6 to #3 while Jana Kramer's "Why Ya Wanna" continues its slow climb up; it ended the week up one spot at #4. And, as you should know by now, you can't push Carrie Underwood down for long. Her revenge song "Blown Away" gusted its way into #5.
Top 5 Country Albums
- Little Big Town -Tornado
- Easton Corbin - All Over the Road
- Dwight Yoakam - 3 Pears
- Big & Rich - Hillbilly Jedi
- Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
Hot New Country Albums
- #2 Easton Corbin - All Over the Road
- #3 Dwight Yoakam - 3 Pears
- #4 Big & Rich - Hillbilly Jedi
- #7 Ryan Bingham - Tomorrowland
- #48 Bart Crow - Dandelion
A slew of new releases shook up the country albums chart this week. Easton Corbin debuted at #2 with his album All Over the Road. Two other new records were right behind him: Dwight Yoakam's 3 Pears and Big & Rich's Hillbilly Jedi. Ryan Bingham, best known for composing songs for the Jeff Bridges movie Crazy Heart, debuted at #7 with his album Tomorrowland.
For more chart details, visit Billboard.
Country's Highest Ranking Radio Songs
- 3. Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- 22. Jason Aldean - "Take a Little Ride"
- 23. Hunter Hayes - "Wanted"
- 26. Dustin Lynch - "Cowboys and Angels"
- 27. Jana Kramer - "Why Ya Wanna"
Big Radio Chart Movers
- #58-#45 Luke Bryan - "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"
- #57-#46 Jake Owen - "The One That Got Away"
Hot New Radio Country Songs
- None this week!
Taylor Swift keeps headed toward the top of the radio charts. Her pop-fueled 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" rose from #6 to #3. Also on the rise, but below Ms. Swift by several tiers, is Jason Aldean's "Take a Little Ride." The hard-driving tune moved from #24 to #22. That pushed Hunter Hayes's "Wanted" down to #23. But the news was better for Dustin Lynch's "Cowboys and Angels" and Jana Kramer's "Why Ya Wanna," which each made three-point gains on the radio.